Join us in The Loop for a celebration of the arts! Activities and events will run throughout the week including Make Music Day on June 21, Chalk the Loop on June 24, plus music, dance, spoken word, a gallery walk, culinary arts and much more!
Make Music Day:
MAKE MUSIC DAY is an annual city-wide celebration of music that takes place on the summer solstice, June 21. The Delmar Loop will be celebrating by having live music outdoors at 30+ businesses along Delmar. This music festival first began in 1982 in France as the Fête de la Musique, and is now held on the same day in more than 700 cities in 120 countries around the world. Make Music is not a typical music festival. It is open to anyone who wants to take part. Every kind of musician – young, old, amateur or professional, and of every musical persuasion will be heard all over St. Louis sharing their music. The entire festival is free and open to the public.
Loop Gallery Walk:
Join us for the Loop Gallery Walk on June 23, 2017 from 6-9pm. Stop by six different venues in the Delmar Loop to experience artistic expression at its finest.
– Craft Alliance: 2017 Artists-in-Residence Exhibit, Thrown Down Clay Battle and demos outside and a Trunk show for Qun Liu.
– Componere Gallery of Art: Meet and Greet featuring over 100 local artists from 6 to 9 pm. Hors d’oeuvres will be served.
– The Silver Lady: From 6 to 9 pm enjoy to work of Bosnian/Croatian jeweler Marija.
– U City Public Library: Cookies and Coloring from 6-9PM. This community coloring event allows children and adults to work collaboratively to complete the poster size coloring pages created by U. City Library staff. The finished works will be displayed in the Children’s Library. So stop by on June 23 and enjoy this sweet treat.
– Regional Arts Commission: Opening Reception for The Importance of Texture and Delicacy, from 6 to 9 pm, in the first floor gallery.
– Serendipity Gallery: Join Serendipity Gallery for our Summer Artist Reception. Stop in for a glass of wine and meet some of our artists including Neil R. Brown, Micah Usher, Michele Mohr, Liz Kirnsky, Jane Miles, Barbara Rand, Meredith Gamache, and Barbara Marshall.
– Subterranean Books: The art work of Timothy Wagner as part of the Loop Arts Fest, with an opening reception Friday, June 23rd from 6pm to 8pm.
Chefs Cook Real:
It’s time to get your chef on at the Loop Arts Fest! The Chefs Cook Real Challenge returns with a delicious day of cooking demos and tastings. Five talented chefs showcase their skills using fresh farm ingredients. The event will begin at 9am in the farmers market and finish with the last two in the plaza around 2:30pm
– Cassy Vires of Companion Teaching Kitchen
– Brian Coltrain of Guerrilla Street Food
– Marianne Moore of Dierbergs School of Cooking
– Tyson Long of Winslow’s Home
– Thao Truong of Vietnam Style
Chalk the Loop:
Chalk The Loop invites accomplished artists and novices of all ages to create their own chalk masterpieces on the sidewalks of the Delmar Loop. The Loop hosts its annual chalk festival on Saturday, June 24 (rain date: June. 25th) at the Chuck Berry Plaza from 9AM – 5PM.
-info via Coca Stl