CREATE YOUR OWN BRIDESMAIDS PROPOSAL CANNOLI HOLDER!
You’ve gotten your dream proposal, now it’s time to pop the question to your bridesmaids! And what better way to do that than with the gift of a Piccione cannoli?
Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to create your very own Bridesmaids Proposal Cannoli Holder. Download the FREE kit (which includes all the templates you’ll need) below. If you want, go the extra step and create cute name tags for each holder (not included in tutorial, but feel free to reference the photo above as a guide). Pop the “Will you be my bridesmaid” question with those you cannoli see at your side on your big day.
Piccione Cannoli (Any flavor – although we recommend using one without drizzle or powdered sugar on the shell to cut back on mess)
Cannoli Holder (Print Templates Here: Front Template PDF, Back Template PDF)
Cannoli Wrapper (Print Template Here: Cannoli Wrapper PDF)
6″ x 6″ Patterned Paper
Brown Cardstock Paper
Brown Copy Paper
Paper Edge Punch
1) Print the Cannoli Holder templates on brown cardstock, double sided, so that “I Cannoli Imagine My Big Day With You By My Side” is on one side, and the cutting/folding instructions are on the other side.
2) Following the cutting instructions on the back, cut along the vertical dashed lines with scissors. Fold along the dotted lines, using the ruler to keep a straight edge.
3) Using the X-Acto knife, cut along the remaining dashed lines so that you have two small cut-out triangles on the strip of paper.
4) Holding the folds & edges in place, make two hole punches along the top of the holder, about an inch apart. This will be where the ribbon threads through.
5) Repeat steps, if necessary, using the remaining strip of paper to create a second holder.
1) Print the Cannoli Wrapper template on brown copy paper.
2) Following the cutting instructions, cut along the dashed lines with scissors. Then, use the paper edge punch to punch out decorative borders along the left and right side of the wrapper.
3) Wrap the cannoli in wax paper, cut to size so it wraps around the body of the cannoli without covering the ends. Secure the wax paper with tape.
4) Wrap the cannoli + wax paper with the brown wrapper so that the wax paper is completely covered by the outer brown wrapper. Secure with tape.
1) Fold the 6″ x 6″ paper using the easy-to-follow video tutorial here: Origami Cannoli Stand. The tutorial is for an origami card/phone stand, but for our purposes, it’s a cannoli stand because we’re creative like that.
2) Place cannoli stand in partially folded cannoli holder so that the tips of the stand fit into the triangular cut outs. Place the cannoli on the stand.
3) For the finishing touch, thread the ribbon through the hole punches, tying it in a knot. Admire your handiwork. Then run along and surprise your bridesmaids to be!